Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Bags of Style

Source
I haven't bought a new handbag for many years, since I began op shopping as my main wardrobe source.  Basically I am very hard on any bag I use, to the point that not many last for any length of time; the linings rip from being full to the brim of my daily essentials, or the handles give way from the strain of being overfilled.  This is one of the reasons why I decided to buy my handbag stash second hand.  I appears that many women get bored of their purchases reasonably quickly and purchase more bags as the mood takes them, therefore, I have obtained some great op shop bargains over the years.  
Handbag heaven


This selection of bags was op shopped; some locally and from further afield.  If I'm able to I look for leather, but failing that I will settle for good quality bags with plenty of wear.  
Floral fabric Cellini handbag


Black, leather Cellini handbag.


Here I have two Cellini bags; the fabric bag was bought for $6.00 from a charity shop in a small town not far from Perth, Australia.  Even when we travel I like to send time op shopping, especially in small towns.  The black, leather Cellini handbag was bought from my favourite op shop at the nearest city from here.

Green faux reptile bag.


Leaf & flower patterned leather handbag
I use the green satchel when I'm attending a course; it holds lots of paraphernalia.  I also used it as a carry-on bag on our last trip to Australia.  The black and white leather handbag is one I go back to often when I wear one of my favourite colour combinations; black & white.  I treasure all my op shop finds and truly enjoy putting together different combinations when I dress for the day.  I'm currently on the look out for a daily work bag that I can take to school and which I won't be able to over load with folders.  


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for following my blog. I find you and yours so inspiring.
    Following back inmediately and adding you to my blogroll not to miss any of your fututr posts, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Grace! I too prefer secondhand handbags to new ones- I just washed an old D&B leather bag from the '70's. Still in great condition and probably better made than any I could get at Target.
    I try to only use a few as I've a bad habit of leaving my wallet or keys in 'em, and have had too many awkward moments with a fresh purse only to discover no money or ID!

    I've got you on the blogroll- looking forward in your future posts! -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete